- MBChB University of Cape Town
- Fellowship of the College of Anaesthesiologists of South Africa
- Ultrasound guided anaesthetic techniques
- General and Laproscopic
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
Dr. Arthur Roberts
2 Sea View Road, Wynberg, 7800, Cape Town, South Africa
Arthur graduated MB,ChB at the university of Cape Town (UCT) in 1983 and served his internship at Somerset Hospital in 1984.
He then worked at numerous "Mission Hospitals" in KwaZulu-Natal for two and a half years before spending four years in General Surgery as a registrar at Livingstone and Groote Schuur Hospitals. He then specialised in Anaesthesiology at UCT / Groote Schuur and obtained his Fellowship of the College of Anaesthesiologists of South Africa in 1995.
Arthur then worked as a consultant at GSH and RXH for one year before commencing private practice.
He joined Southern Anaesthetics in 1996 and has been actively involved in practice management. He was Chairperson of the practice from February 2012 until January 2020.
- HPCSA Health Professions Council of South Africa
- SASA South African Society of Anaesthesiologists
- SASA CWB SASA Cape Western Branch
- CMSA College of Medicine of South Africa
- Southern Anaesthetics Associates Chairman 2012-2020
Current CPD Activities
- BLS 2020
- ACLS 2020
- SASA Congress 2020
- SASA WCB Biannual Update Meetings
- Southern Anaesthetics Associates Journal Club (monthly)
- Montpellier U/S Course October 2018
- Ethics Symposium 2014
Life Outside of Work
- Arthur Roberts was born in Harare, Zimbabwe in 1959. He attended primary school in Durban and Matriculated at Grey High School, Port Elizabeth in 1977.
Arthur is married to Dr Pren Naidoo who works in the field of HIV and TB and they have two children - Ethan and Keryn.
Arthur is an avid photographer, birder and enjoys cycling and jogging.