- MBChB - Walter Sisula University
- Diploma in Anaesthesia (SA)
- FCA (SA)
- MMED Anaesthesia (UCT)
- Anaesthesia for Vascular surgery
- Anaesthesia for Neurosurgery
- Obstetric Anaesthesia
Dr. Chris Ngaka
MBChB (WSU), FCA (SA) MMED (Anaesthesia
2 Sea View Road, Wynberg, 7800, Cape Town, South Africa
Dr Chris Ngaka obtained his undergraduate medical degree at Walter Sisulu University medical school. He completed his internship at Groote Schuur hospital before undergoing four years of medical officer training at Livingstone Hospital in Port Elizabeth where he obtained his Diploma in Anaesthesia in 2010. He entered the Anaesthetic registrar-training at University of Cape Town (UCT) in 2012 and excelled in all departments. He was awarded the Fellowship of the College of Anaesthesiologists of South Africa in 2016 and in the same year obtained his MMED (Anaesthesia) Magma Cum Laude from UCT. During his training at UCT he was elected the registrar representative and won the UCT best research prize in 2016. For three years, Chris, has been in private practice in Port Elizabeth as an associate at "Bay Anaesthetists". He moved back to Cape Town with his family and joined Southern Anaesthetics in January 2020.
- HPCSA (Health Professionals Council of South Africa)
- SASA (South African Society of Anaesthesiologist)
- CMSA (College of Medicine of South Africa)
- IARS (International Anaesthesia Research Society)
- SASA CEB Congress - LOC Member 2019
Current CPD Activities
- Monthly Journal Club
- 2019 Congress, South African Society of Anaesthesiologists (SASA)
Publications, Presentations, Academic Activities
- The influence of body mass index on sensorimotor block and vasopressor requirement during spinal anesthesia for elective caesarean delivery. Anesth Analg. 2016 Dec;123(6):1527-1534
Life Outside of Work
Chris is married to Portia and together they have two beautiful children.
Chris is an outdoor enthusiast and an accomplished ultra-trail runner. He also regularly participates in mountain biking and stand-up paddling.