- MBChB University of Stellenbosch
- DA (SA) Diplomate of the College of Anaesthesiologist of SA
- Fellowship of the College of Anaesthesiologists of South Africa
- Anaesthesia for major colorectal and abdominal cancer surgery
- Anaesthesia for obstetric and major gynaecological surgery
Dr. Dirk van Zijl
MBChB(Stell) DA(SA) FCA(SA)
2 Sea View Road, Wynberg, 7800, Cape Town, South Africa
Dirk van Zijl has more than 25 years of experience in Anaesthesia for various types of surgery ranging from complex colorectal cancer procedures to high risk obstetric surgery. He has been in full time private practice since 2006, and is the current elected CEO of Southern Anaesthetics.
- Immediate Past President South African Society of Anaesthesiologists (SASA)
- Past Convener & current Executive Member SASA Private Practice Business Unit
- Current Treasurer, Past Chairman SASA Cape Western Branch
- Member General Medical Council of Great Britain
- Member HPCSA
Current CPD Activities
- SASA National and Regional Congresses Regular attendee for more than 20 years
- International Obstetric Congress 2019
- World Congress of Anaesthesia 2016
Publications, Presentations, Academic Activities
- SASA Registrar Communications Prize 2000
- UCT Dept of Anaes Registrar of the Year Award 2001
- UCT Dept of Anaes Consultant of the Year Award 2004
- SASA Travel Scholarship Prize 2005
- South African Society of Anaesthesiologists (SASA) National and regional congresses Regular invited speaker for more than 20 years
- SASA Private Practice Business Unit courses Presenter and facilitator for last five years.
- 2016 World Congress of Anaesthesia Invited Speaker.
Life Outside of Work
- I love mountain biking and trail running, and escaping to wilderness areas with my family. Also enjoy birdwatching and photography.